Forget Tick Box Training
Although having suitable and sufficiently trained staff in first aid ensures you’re being legally compliant in your business, how do you know which first aid course is right for you?
How do you choose a training provider?
You may simply search “which first aid course should I take?” and then base your decision on:
But is this enough?
Why Do You Need First Aid Training?
This is one of the first questions I ask anyone enquiring about first aid training.
It may be that you’ve:
- Recently had to deal with an emergency leaving you feeling anxious… “Was it right what I did?”
- Realised with staff being furloughed or leaving that you no longer have enough first aiders on-site.
- Taken on more staff and need more first aiders.
- Moved offices and have staff working across multiple floors.
Why Does Any Of This Matter?
At Skills Shop, we like to find out about you and your requirements, so we can tailor the training to your needs.
This means that when you leave the course, you immediately having the skills and confidence to use your training.
I remember in 2018 visiting Edinburgh Castle and to this day I’ve still not taken the tour… Why?
Because a Spanish doctor face planted himself onto the cobbles injuring his face and right knee.
The first aider who arrived had done training 18 months prior in a classroom and was struggling to remember what to do.
I obviously assisted and he seemed shocked when I said “that if I did your first aid training, we’d be doing it here at the castle on the cobbles.”
Surely this would be suitable and sufficient training?
So is asking “which first aid course should I take?” the right question or should you be asking…
How Does Your Training Benefit Me?
Knowing the result you want from your training is critical.
Would it shock you to know that we start all our training by asking “what do you want from your training” and then at the end ensure we have met all your objectives.
So if you want:
- A first aid certificate so you can perform your duties…
- Scenario based training that allows you or your team to immediately help someone in an emergency…
- On going support over the duration of your certification…
- Flexibility in how your training is delivered
Then maybe, just maybe, Skills Shop would be the right fit for you.
Choose from a huge range of both online and in-person training courses by clicking here.